2009 Follow-Up Survey
From September 2009 through December 2009, we sent surveys to 542 of the respondents from the Phase 1 survey who had indicated that they had a WAC/WID Program or Initiative in place. In this follow-up survey, 128 program directors rated the success of their programs based on a number of criteria. Data from this portion of the study were used by Tara Porter in her UC Davis dissertation (2014) to determine possible trends in program success (for example, is a community college more likely to have a successful WAC program if the program has a strong connection with the Writing Center?).
Below are the survey questions:
Follow-Up Survey Question
- What is your Name?
- What is your Institution Name?
- What is your email address?
The following questions are answered on a 5-point Scale (1 being a low score, 5 being high)
- How long has your WAC Program been in place?
- How successful is your program in providing resources to faculty (sample rubrics, workshops, handouts, etc.)?
- How satisfied are you with this level of participation [of faculty participation]?
- How important to your WAC program are "Writing Intensive" (or "Writing Emphasis," etc. ) courses?
- Does your program respond to the needs of faculty members teaching Writing-Intensive courses? (workshops, consultations, etc.)?
- How would you rate your program's connection with the Writing Center?
- How connected is your WAC program with the General Ed Committee?
- Do you feel that you have strong ties with other services/offices/programs in your institution that help you accomplish program goals?
- Do you feel that your institution's WAC program is successful?
- How successful is your program in meeting institutional needs?
- How satisfied are you with your institution's current WAC program?
- Do you have any additional comments?